Thursday, July 15, 2010

Draw Me Close

Last night at church June Evans taught on seeking God. To me this message served as a reminder of a truth that God had revealed to me several years ago as I was driving to work. I still remember the exact spot on the highway where He showed this to me.

I was singing the worship song "Draw Me Close to You" when I felt like God asked me, "What more do you want me to do Preston? I gave my only Son so that the world could be close to me. The veil into my presence is removed. My Spirit lives within you. How much closer can I get?"

It hit me like a ton of bricks that when I don't feel close to God, then I need to examine myself. God hasn't gone anywhere. It must be me that is distracted from seeing that truth. God doesn't manipulate us into a relationship with Him. We have a choice. James 4:8 reads "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." God has already done His part. We just need to receive Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment