I wrote this song for my wife and performed it at a talent show at our church several years ago. Most of you weren't there.
WHEN I FIRST MET YOU
When I first met you, I did not know
You were the one for me.
We worked together, but I didn't know
How soon together we'd be.
Then one night when we worked late
I noticed your bright smile.
You caught my attention, but how could I know
Together we'd be for a while.
Becky my sweet dear wife,
I want you to know
Every day of our blessed lives
My love for you still grows.
When we got married, I did not know
What was in store for me.
We started bumpy, so how could I know
How great our life would soon be.
Things may have moved much too fast
And sometimes I acted uncouth.
I ask your forgiveness, I pledge unto you
I love you, this is the truth.
Becky my sweet dear wife,
I want you to know
Every day of our blessed lives
My love for you still grows.
When we had children, I did not know
How great a mother you'd be.
With diapers to change and noses to blow
You did not complain once to me.
You've molded babies into teens
And taught them right from wrong.
Your selfless love has inspired me
To sing to you this song.
Becky my sweet dear wife,
I want you to know
Every day of our blessed lives
My love for you still grows.
When I first met you, I did not know
You were the one for me.
We were together, but I didn't know
How happy together we'd be.
Through the years we've grown together
And turned two lives into one.
I can imagine life still getting better
With you by my side, it is done.
Becky my sweet dear wife,
I want you to know
Every day of our blessed lives
My love for you still grows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a sweet, selfless, confession of love.
ReplyDeleteI remember-- so sweet!
ReplyDelete