Friday, August 20, 2010

Be a Blessing

This morning as I was praying for the people in my life to be blessed, I felt like God said that I need to be a blessing unto them. Part of God's blessing for Abraham was that he would be a blessing to others.

Genesis 12: 2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

And the blessing of Abraham has been passed on to us through the work of Jesus on the cross as it says in Galatians.

Galatians 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

I need to meditate on this. It could be revolutionary! Can you imagine living life to be a blessing to everyone? Most of us just hope to not be a bother to anyone. Me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment