Last night at church as I was walking out the door, I heard a young voice excitedly calling my name. "Preston, Preston" I turned around in time to see very young friend come running towards me across the church foyer. "Preston, kiss me." I was startled because this not a common occurrence in my life and I wasn't sure I heard correctly. "What?" I replied. By this time she was standing in front of me as I stood with my back to the door. "Preston, kiss me" she repeated. With that she puckered up her lips.
I bent down to comply with her request. I carefully kissed her small puckered lips and she gleefully ran away. The tiredness I felt melted away and a smile appeared on my face. Our kiss lasted for less than a second, but the joy of that small moment created a memory that will last forever in my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete